1853149 Ontario Inc. O/A Boathouse Eatery
Thunder Bay, ON
Business Information: Our casual fine dining restaurant is home to great food, cold drinks and a majestic view overlooking the stunning shores of Georgian Bay. At the Boathouse, we want to become your favourite four season's place, the place you come to celebrate your special occasions or great spot to grab a quick lunch or enjoy a nice dinner overlooking Georgian Bay.
Business location: 177 King Street, Midland, Ontario L4R 3L8
Location of work: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Seasonal – 6 months contract
Estimated Start Date: April 1st, 2019
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods,
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies,
- Weigh and measure ingredients for cooking
- Prepare sauces and garnishes for allocated station
- Cover, date and correctly store all food items as per safe food-handling procedures
- Inform chef in advance of likely shortages
- Serve food in keeping with the standards of establishment
- Ensure the correct temperature of food to make it attractive and tasty
- Taste all food items for quality purpose before serving
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas,
- Order supplies and equipment
- Operate and maintain all kinds of kitchen appliances
- Assist staff with other duties as assigned by kitchen manager
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment,
- Clean kitchen and work areas,
- Sanitize refrigerators and storerooms
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Return dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas
- Report any unforeseen circumstances, maintenance needs or faulty equipment to the manager
- Maintain outstanding working relationships with staff, guests and supervisor
Education: Completion of high school
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required.
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 Hourly, 44.00 Hours per week.
- Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling; including evening or weekend hours as needed.
- Seasonal position, cooks are needed from early April, 2019 until October, 2019.
Benefits: Free food when working and 50% discount when not working.
Job type: Seasonal
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)