Journeyman Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Mechanic
Ashton Service Group
140-4630 Shell Road
Richmond, B.C. V6X 3M4
We are a successful and growing company that provides comprehensive mechanical services to residential and commercial clients throughout the Lower Mainland. Ashton has a solid reputation that has been built over the last 30 years through reliable service, quality work and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Our professional mechanics install and service plumbing, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and mechanical systems. Ashton is also an active member of the community with involvement in various philanthropic and socially responsible initiatives.
Ashton Service Group is seeking an exceptional Journeyman Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Mechanic to deliver the most efficient, highest quality customer experiences in HVAC repair and installation. This is a full-time, permanent position based out of the company's head office in Richmond, BC, and requires daily travel to our customers throughout the Lower Mainland.
Duties and Responsibilities
- handle service calls to customers in their homes and businesses;
- repair and replace parts and components for air conditioning systems;
- read and interpret blueprints and drawings;
- assemble and install air conditioning components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps and compressors using hand and power tools;
- lay out heating system components and install thermostats, motors, piping and safety devices, and connect to fuel supply, ventilation and electrical system;
- utilize customer service skills to educate and assist customers in choosing services, products and possibly finance options to satisfy their needs in a timely and efficient manner;
- test installed heating units and adjust controls for proper functioning and perform scheduled maintenance service;
- troubleshoot mechanical systems; and
- ability to explain a technical solution in a non-technical way.
Qualifications / Requirements
In addition to troubleshooting, repairs and installation the HVAC mechanic must be able to communicate (read/write/speak) effectively in English, and have exceptional and demonstrated customer service skills and a professional presentation. Specific requirements/qualifications include:
- 5 years’ plus of work experience in light industrial, commercial and residential heating and air conditioning applications, with both installation and service skills;
- Holder of a B-Gas Ticket (or equivalent) is required;
- Preference will be given to individuals who have completed industry courses in air conditioning and heating systems;
- Complete knowledge of all tools, equipment and materials;
- Proven track record of leading installations teams;
- Drafting and plan reading skills are an asset;
- Pass a pre-employment screening test;
- Clean Class 5 driver's license is required;
- Able to work flexible hours, if necessary.
Salary and Benefits
The position pays $40.00 per hour, based on experience and a 40 hour work week. Benefits include: extended health/dental coverage, life insurance, long term disability, two (2) weeks’ vacation, company RRSP plan, paid training program and professional training and uniforms. In addition, we offer cell phone and tablets, company insurance for personal tools, the Ashton Caring Team and much more.