Supervisor, Motor Vehicle Repair Shop
Master Tech Auto
We are currently seeking a Supervisor, Motor Vehicle Repair Shop to join our growing team in Dartmouth.
The Supervisor, Motor Vehicle Repair Shop will be in charge of coordinating and executing activities related to scheduling activities of workers who repair cars.
This is a career level position designed for a highly qualified and proven professional in the in the motor vehicle body repair industry, who is very results-driven with an outstanding work ethic and willingness to join a growing organization.
- Completion of Secondary school is required;
- Six years of work experience in the motor vehicle body trade is required;
- 7 years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a relevant trade;
- Good understanding of the motor vehicle body repairs industry;
- Good understanding of repair and restore damaged motor vehicle body parts and interior finishing;
- excellent communication, organizational, problem solving and customer service skills;
- ability to supervise and effectively motivate a team;
- proficient at multi-tasking;
- fluency in English;
- computer literate, and experienced in the use of MS office;
- valid and clean driver’s license; and
- bondable; criminal record check.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who repair and maintain cars in the company’s workshop;
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments;
- Requisition materials and supplies;
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity;
- Train or arrange for training of workers;
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions;
- Ensure that standards for safe working conditions are observed;
- Prepare production and other reports;
- You will also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers labourers; and
- Resolve disputes and complaints, where possible.
Quote Job Reference: AB 0594