Seasonal Coverage - Security Guards
Contract Details: FT & PT Work Available
Working Hours: Day & Night Shifts
Salary: $14.50 - C$14.50
G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd is a leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and deployment of security professionals to meet the needs of our clients. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers hospitals, condominium and residential sites.
We are currently seeking for Seasonal Security Guards for our Retail division. We are seeking individuals, with strong ethics, tenacity and adaptability who want to be a part of a world-class organization.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in covering shifts that includes evenings, overnights, weekends and statutory holidays, with a flexible schedule to cover ad hoc coverage.
Our hard-working team members are excited and motivated by the fast-paced environment we work in.
Working closely as a member of the G4S Commercial Team, you will help G4S achieve its organisational purpose, specifically by providing a Security service.
The following information outlines the Seasonal Security Guard’s responsibilities as outlined in the post orders and may be amended by client. It is the Site Security Supervisor’s main function to ensure the on-site security staff comply with all duties outlined in the site post orders and to ensure the security staff act in a proactive manner. Value added service should always be on the mind of the Seasonal Security Guard and he/she should not limit themselves to the specific job at hand.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions:
- Patrolling inside and outside as required in the post orders
- Ability to operate equipment/systems, computers, radios, phones,
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Client Services Manager
- Demonstrate judgement, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous Record Keeping, Report Writing, Observation skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate exceptional customer services skills with large groups
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Employment Requirements:
- Must have open availability to work all days of the week and schedules that consist of days, afternoons and night shifts
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Valid Ontario Security Guard licence
- Minimum High school education/equivalence
- Must demonstrate having 1 year of relevant security experience in a Security Environment
- Must demonstrate having 1 - 2 years of relevant customer service experience preferably in Retail Environment
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing and observation skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional judgment, common sense and decision-making ability
- Good physical well-being and able to walk, run, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs and lift objects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Willing to take courses as required by G4S and or clients
- Ability to operate various security equipment and systems, camera recording systems, electronic communication systems, and undertake job-site specific training
- Positive, outgoing, and attentive demeanor
- Able to interact with a mix of individuals reflective of the diverse community positively in a fast paced, high expectation environment
- Demonstrated history of proven reliability and consistency
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and in a collaborative team setting and make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Attention to detail and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Professional in demeanor, appearance and grooming
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple, competing priorities
- Able to set priorities and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Self-motivated and proactive, results oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
- Superior interpersonal, communication, customer-service skills
- Demonstrate the ability to develop trusting relationships at all levels within the organization and to think strategically within operational plans
- Able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy in various situations