Manager, Supply Chain
Discovery Air Defence
Discovery Air Defence is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Discovery Air Defence's integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the leadership of and in consultation with the Director of Supply Chain:
- Chair Weekly ISC operational review and priority meeting.
o Prioritize supply chain support to meet operational demand
o Ensure supply chain Process and Activities are planned with the proper level of labour support.
o In conjunction with the Director plan all purchasing activities and logistic support.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in new and service procurement, and inventory management and control
- Manage special projects using program management methods
- Oversee management of inventory of materials, parts and finished product to maintain required supply levels
- Establish timely reporting and analysis on inventory levels/movements
- Ensure rotables are maintained in appropriate quantities and locations
- Develop new processes, procedures, and work instructions in accordance with MPM/MCM and ISO 9001 requirements; or optimize current process and logistic programs.
- Create and implement standard work for the supply chain team worldwide to follow to ensure consistency
- Maintain/update/enhance vendor management process
- Measure against the established department targets and implement corrective action where required
- Establish avenues where a strategic buying approach is more profitable, negotiate and finalize
- Adjust required stock levels to adapt to unscheduled failure trends (Min/Max setting)
- Adapt systems to provide sufficient warning for procurement action
- Maintain an ILS program to identify components and parts that will need to be substituted.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all relevant regulations and company policies and procedures
- Budget oversight
- Align with the Manager, Export Compliance & Warehouse
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
Managers are responsible for:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace including the necessary equipment, systems, and tools which are properly maintained
- Providing information, training, instruction and supervision to protect the Occupational Health and Safety of Employees
- Ensuring Employees under their direction know and comply with Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Ensuring Employees under their direction receive adequate supervision.
- Establishing, supporting, and consulting with Occupational Health and Safety committees and Workplace Occupational Health and Safety representatives on all matters to improve workplace Occupational Health and Safety including regular safety inspections of the workplace.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Engineering or Business Degree preferable
- 8-10 years of experience in Procurement, technical exposure an asset
- Knowledge of the different systems and operations of an Aviation company with an AMO
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external partners
- Strong judgment, organizational, decision making, project management and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Some travel is required
- Position requires Controlled Goods Clearance and Level 2 Secret Clearance
Discovery Air Defence is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Gestionnaire Approvisionnement/ Sourcing Manager
Gestionnaire Logistique / Logistics Manager