Photography Summer Camp Instructor (OTTAWA)
GTA Photography Classes
Are you a student in a Photography program looking for a rewarding and fun summer job that will help you gain valuable experience in the industry?
We offer fun and interactive photography camps for kids & teens throughout the year including summer camps, March Break camps & afterschool/weekend programs in the Fall and Winter. We are the largest photography specialty camp in Canada and continue to grow with locations in Toronto, Ottawa and Chicago.
We are currently looking for talented and energetic individuals with photography expertise and a passion for sharing this knowledge with others! Teaching is a highly rewarding position that helps you develop valuable life skills for your future. It allows you to continually learn about new photography practices and equipment, expand your network with other creative people, sharpen your shooting skills on a regular basis and develop your confidence and communication. If this sounds like a great opportunity but you've never taught in the past don't worry, we provide paid training on site to all new hires. If you love photography, enjoy the camp environment and are excited to share your knowledge with others, apply now!
GTA Photography Classes Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Portfolio of your work (website or traditional portfolio)
- All instructors must be availabl e for the one-week intensive training seminar scheduled in June 2018 .
- Criminal background check (must provide a copy once hired)
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification (current at the start and for the duration of the camps; must provide a copy of certification once hired)
- Three references
- Applicants must be available for the entire summer (end of June - early Sept)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach introductory photography principles / concepts to teens, in small groups of 10 to 15 campers
- Supervise campers and ensure their safety at all times both in-class and out on location for our shooting field trips.
- Work together with teen camp counsellors and GTA PC staff to provide a fun and interactive environment for all campers, such as leading icebreaker games and team building activities.
- Utilize GTA PC provided curriculum and resources, ensuring an organized, fun and rewarding experience for all of our campers.
- Teach with passion, structure and expertise.
- Photograph candids and head shots of campers.
- Oversee one or more camp counsellors who will assist with project management, daily administrative duties and supervision on daily field trips.
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates should hold or be working towards a Photography Degree / Diploma.
- Demonstrated expertise in photography and professional experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and presentation skills.
- Candidates must be outgoing and energetic individuals who love and appreciate the camp experience as well as teaching photography.
Job Type: Contract
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: