Radians Canada Distribution, Inc.
SUMMARY: Plan, direct, or coordinate supportive services such as recordkeeping, mail distribution, telephone operator/receptionist, and other office support services. Manage the administrative responsibilities of the facility, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, etc. Assist in warehouse functions regularly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the sales process of entering orders, providing pricing, order tracking, and complaint resolution.
- Development of productive relationships with key customer/distribution/decision makers/partners
- Product knowledge of our products and the competitive industry
- Identify and understand who key competitors are in the industrial/safety channel
- Know their distributor programs: minimum order, freight threshold, product lines, unique products
- Update Tour de Force on a daily basis with sales activities, special pricing extended, key customer contact information as well as competitive information.
- Communicate customer product requirements to Purchasing in a timely manner to minimize backorders.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements such as coordinating catering for luncheons and other meetings;
- Coordinate with outside vendors regarding pick up items or deliveries as needed
- Prepare accounts payable invoices or return of merchandise paperwork to send to Accounting.
- Confer with sales and operations personnel to obtain information about customer needs and preferences.
- Use computers to locate inventory, and operate spreadsheet and database software.
- Work with Operations to manage inventory or supplies levels
- Order or purchase supplies, materials, or equipment; all consumable items
- Work with Suppliers and Freight Forwarders to ensure timely delivery of inventory
- Fill out purchase requisitions
- Maintain records, reports, or files
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation
- Insure credit is received for outstanding memos
- Prepare and review operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Analyze internal processes; recommend/implement procedural/policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of records
- Assist in planning, administering and controlling budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors Degree preferred; 3-5 years experience in a Finance/Purchasing /Inventory /Administrative Management role helpful.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Computer systems such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, Accounting/Buying/Purchasing database systems (Epicor/Prophet 21 experience a plus) and the ability to manage files and records, creating forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Strong knowledge of Excel functionality utilizing V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, helpful.
- Heavy customer service/data entry skills
- Excellent phone call skills/ etiquette
- Consult with managerial or supervisory personnel
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- The ability to work effectively in an environment where priorities shift quickly
- Must have strong communication skills with ability to communicate verbally, working with vendors, customers, operations, sales, other departments within the company
- Ability to be professional and flexible in assisting the executive team as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise prudent judgment when discussing confidential matters.
Warehouse functions as required:
- Assist in scheduling delivery/shipment of containers
- Load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products, manually and/or using industrial powered equipment
- Perform receiving inspection per the established supplier audit program
- Run pick scan to generate picking tickets; pick orders
- Package goods for shipment or storage; wrap products; measure, weigh, or count products or materials
- Perform audits of custom labeling, packaging and outbound shipments
- Assist with inventory cycle counts
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Certified to operate warehouse machinery including standup/reach truck, cherry/order pickers
- WMS Systems software knowledge
- Experience with RF scan gun and FedEx shipping software
- Ability to read and understand procedures, work instructions, product specifications, inspection standards, and sampling charts
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. regularly
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Customer Service & Inside Sales Specialist
Private Banking Officer, Sales