Legacy Bowes Group
DASCH, (Direct Action in Support of Community Homes) is a non-profit organization established in 1974, dedicated to meeting the residential, day program, respite, and foster care needs of youth and adults. DASCH supports people living in over 50 homes throughout Manitoba, and employs over 700 staff. They are committed to enhancing and uplifting the lives of the people they support through education, awareness, understanding, and the highest degree of respect.
Under the direction of the Senior HR Consultant, within the People Resources Department, and in collaboration with department managers, the Recruiter will be responsible for full-cycle recruiting, proactively identifying future hiring needs, talent sourcing and attracting candidates using various sources, and interviewing and hiring employees.
- Prepares recruitment materials and posts jobs to appropriate job boards, newspapers, colleges, etc.
- Sources and recruits candidates by using databases, social media, etc.
- Screens candidate resumes and job applications
- Conducts interviews using various recruiting and selection tools and methods to filter candidates within schedule
- Assesses applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes
- Manages new placements and onboards new employees in order to become fully integrated
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks
- Manages seasonal intern programs by conducting orientations; scheduling rotations and assignments; monitoring intern job contributions; coaching interns; advising managers on training and coaching
- Understands current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers and recommending new procedures
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Promote company’s reputation as “best place to work”
- Proven work experience as a Recruiter, either an in-house or staffing agency recruiter
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone pre-screening, reference checks, etc.)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems & Candidate Management Systems
- Hands-on experience with recruiting software and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) or Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS)
- MS Office proficiency
- Post-Secondary education in HR Management is preferred
Quote Job Reference: 173287
Technical Recruiter - Work From Home
Guidewire Configuration Lead