After School Program Assistant (All Kids Belong)
Milestones Children's Centre
St. Thomas, ON
Summary: To provide additional support to the program to ensure inclusion exists for all children.
- Demonstrate an understanding of MCC Policies and Procedures and the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014.
- Work as part of a team and share responsibilities to provide developmentally appropriate activities in an inclusive environment for all children (Support Staff are not included in ratios)
- Implement a variety of positive and consistent approaches towards behaviour guidance which are consistent with the policies, practices and philosophy of MCC.
- In hard to manage situations, determine appropriate behaviour guidance strategies and intervention through discussion with your Supervisor
- Work with your co-workers and the Resource Consultant to promote the inclusion of all children
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the position through attendance, punctuality and enthusiasm for work.
- Understanding of child growth and development
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable nature
- Take initiative
- Demonstrate flexibility
- Strong background in positive behaviour guidance
- 18 years of age
- Preference given to those with B.Ed, CYW, DSW, Rec & Leisure, PSW or RECE
- Experience working with children
- Standard First Aid/CPR level C
- Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector) within the past 6 months
Hours: Monday - Friday, approximately 3:15pm - 5:15pm
Start Date: November 2017
End Date: June 28, 2018