Software Engineer (Java/PHP)
Environmental, Social and Governance Risk Intelligence (100%)
As a Junior Software Engineer you will be involved in all aspects of the software development process within RepRisk, including design, implementation and operation. The role will primarily involve development and maintenance of data processing and language analysis solutions, mainly written in Java and PHP. There will be frequent opportunities to work on a broad range of technologies from data processing and integration, machine learning and NLP, databases (SQL/ORM) to deployment and operation on a Unix environment. You will benefit from working with a small but experienced team that will offer support and the scope to greatly enhance your technical skills and knowledge and you will profit from an agile development ecosystem using state-of-the-art open-source technologies. We want to find someone who is keen to contribute ideas and who loves implementing brilliant solutions to problems.
- Design and implement features in various programming languages
- Deployment, operation and support of existing software solutions
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Evaluate and identify new technologies
- You have a background in object-oriented analysis and design as well as in implementation and testing, preferably in Java.
- Strong analytical skills and profound knowledge in algorithms and data structures are required.
- You have the willingness to learn and explore new technologies to create fast, reliable and high-quality software solutions.
- You are results-driven and maintain a pragmatic outlook without compromising quality.
- Proficiency in all areas of frontend development and the ability to cope with an agile environment should be among your established skills.
- The position requires strong self-management, the ability to deliver on agreed-upon tasks, and to manage expectations even when under pressure.
- You must be fluent in English.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, vocational education in application programming or equivalent experience
- Extracurricular projects and experiences that demonstrate your interest in data analysis/machine learning and/or software design and implementation are welcome
- Entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment with a young and motivated international team within an established company setting
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to make a significant contribution to the field of sustainability
Front End Software Engineer
Software Support Engineer