Regional Purchasing Manager
Alpine West Systems Electrical
North Vancouver, BC
Job Title: Regional Purchasing Manager
Salary: $80,000 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
NOC Group: 0113 – Purchasing Managers
Alpine West Systems Electrical is a high-quality, large-scale commercial and residential electric and data systems company. AWSE was formed in 2005 when West Systems Electrical, founded in 2003 acquired Alpine Electric Ltd, Whistler’s most established and respected electrical contractor since 1974.
We are actively seeking candidates for the position of Regional Purchasing Manager to take on management responsibilities, contracts, and negotiations from our suppliers in the Asia Pacific region. The role will provide leadership and oversight on sourcing, supply chain, costing and quality of all materials, supplies, equipment and services used by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage procurement process for designated materials to reduce the cost of goods & services while ensuring uninterrupted supply
- Negotiate with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Establish purchasing policies and ensures compliance.
- Develop new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Interact with supply base and internal "customers" to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities
- Work closely with Engineering teams and Receiving department to ensure proper supplies arrived .
- Resolve issues related to quality, cost, and delivery
- Manage and enhance supplier performance through standardized processes and continuous improvement efforts impacting quality, cost, delivery and service
- Follow environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with corporate guidelines and government laws.
- Provide purchasing support to all functional areas, ensuring Purchasing representation and participation in all issues related to meeting business requirements
- Manage all employees in the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within purchasing.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area ; advanced degree preferred
- Prior management of Direct and/or Indirect goods and/or services buying experience. At least 5 years of purchasing experience preferably in trade, construction and/or electrical industry. Work experience gained with or in the Asia Pacific region is an asset.
- Contract development, management & oversight
- Good negotiation, written and verbal skills in English. Mandarin or Cantonese is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products and SAP
- Advanced purchasing fundamentals, planning and analytical capability, strategic sourcing, bid analysis/award
- Proven ability to negotiate prices while maintaining vendor relationships.
Regional Sales Manager
Hotel Regional Manager
Regional Manager Procurement and Contract Administation