Blue Butterfly Beauty Salon Ltd.
To provide outstanding levels of service to all guests through successfully assisting the Salon Manager at Richmond. Individuals must be able to work under pressure to handle the day to day deadlines with a sense of urgency and attention to detail. You need to be driven and serious about making our company grow. This job is suited for anyone who has a flexible open schedule and is available to work long hours at overtime rate when needed.
Responsibilities and Accountability
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy.
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations.
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of Salon Manager.
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory, assist in vendor management.
- Answer telephone and electronic inquiries and relay telephone calls and messages.
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems.
- Determine and establish office procedures.
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to the right attendant or manager.
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations.
- Compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities to determine how the competition is faring and assist salon manager in creating and implementing plans to stay afloat in the market.
- Supervise and train office staff in procedures to market salon products and indulge in suggestive selling activities.
- Keep track of salon expenses such as utility bills and suppliers’ payments and ensure that they are paid on time.
- Maintain liaison with vendors and suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of salon supplies and equipment.
- Previous clerical experience preferably in beauty/fashion industry is required.
- University degree or college diploma in Makeup, Cosmetic, Hair or Chemical preferred.
- Advanced office and graphic software skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be diplomatic under stress.
- Work flexibly in terms of responsibility.
- Excellent follow up and organizational skills.
- You have a sense of urgency and understand the need for discretion.
- Confidentiality is important.
- You possess a bright, positive attitude, and you embrace change.
- Mandarin speaking is an asset.
Wage: $23/Hour, 30 hours per week, $34.5/Hour after 40 hours of work per week.
Full time, Permanent
Client Services Administrative Assistant
office administrative assistant
Marketing Administrative Assistant