Palm Construction is the construction arm of the Palm Holdings group of companies. Acting as a third-party construction manager we have become and award winning leader in the hospitality space. Have developed projects internationally including, Canada, the United States, United Kingdom and India we bring an array of experience behind us. Over the years our executive team has overseen over 50 projects worth over half a billion dollars in value. Our division was founded based on the realization that as developers, we were the best people to understand the issues of working with third party construction companies. Our goal is to eliminate as much of these issues as possible by providing our expertise in owning, building and operating commercial real estate. This value appreciation percolate through to every facet of our day to day operations and forms the foundation of our business.
We partner with respected trades, consultants, architects, engineers and interior designers who share our philosophy of providing unparalleled service to our clients. We pride ourselves by building on integrity, quality, reputation and sustainability.
Completes construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff.
Construction Supervisor Job Duties:
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Handle project administration, including cost control, schedule control and change order administration
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff Oversee hotel capital expenditure plans
- Degree or Diploma in Architectural Sciences, Civil Engineering or Project/Construction Management
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Project Managers in the delivery of development projects
- Proficient in MS Project and/or Primavera and the MS Office Suite of products
- Knowledge of the building development/redevelopment industry
- Familiarity with construction methods and the building codes
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Must have renovation experience in a commercial building, hotel specific experience preferred
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and passport. Travel to and from the United States will be required
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Project Coordinator Co-op