Cell Culture Lab Technician Intern
Applied Biological Material Inc.
Applied Biological Materials Inc. ( abm ) is an unique supplier of premium quality genetic and cellular materials, virus packaging, CRISPR/Cas9 stable cell line services, immortalization service and various other custom services. Recognized as the 25th Fastest-Growing Companies in B.C. in 2015, abm is rapidly expanding and we are offering a Cell Culture Lab Intern position for a reliable, motivated and detail-oriented individual. The successful candidate(s) will be part of the Cell Biology team to provide our customers with a complete line of viral packaging and stable cell line generation services. The successful candidate(s) will have plenty of opportunities for fast track career development while being part of a highly diverse, innovative and interactive cohort of scientists.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform sterile cell culture procedures associated with virus packaging following standard operating procedures
- Maintain and organize all production records/documents carefully and neatly in detail.
- Abide by high quality standards for all production processes,
- Assists in development & troubleshooting of new techniques and ideas.
- Good record of inventory and efficient communication with other departments
Qualifications : shortlisted candidates will have the following experience:
- A minimum of BSc in Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biology.
- Must have previous experience in cell culture techniques
- Basic knowledge of gene delivery methods, viral life cycle, transfection, transduction, cell cycle, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment.