Pre-Construction & Estimating Manager
Parker Huggett Ltd
For a top tier builder with a growing Toronto branch – employee owned – with a “new look” direction and a renewed opportunity to construct your team! – working with the Senior Vice President on building out a shared business.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
- We are looking for a Senior Estimator looking for their next challenge! Or a Chief Estimator looking for a chance to expand their project base into unique and exciting projects within a range of construction verticals including Commercial, Design/Build and Civil/Municipal.
- Working together with the Senior Vice President, this ICI Estimating professional will have the opportunity to be the first in the door within the new management structure.
- Take the reins of a growing Toronto division that is a focal point of the organization’s ongoing investment in the future while leading and mentoring your growing team through a positive management structure as an Leading Estimating voice in Commerical and Institutional construction projects.
- This firm has cultivated an enthusiastic work environment set on continuous improvement and innovation and they are a major contributor to the Commerical, Institutional and Civil construction projects effecting the size and shape of our communities today.
- A premier estimating candidate for this role will have an Entrepreneurial spirit who is both driven and inspired, someone who has great excitement for, and sees value in, learning from those both above and around them.
ABOUT THE BUILDER:
This top Tier General Contractor is a growing, dynamic and innovative firm continuing to have major growth in Toronto within a variety of delivery methods including P3 and IPD (Integrated Project Delivery.). This firm is making waves by creating remarkable spaces where each client’s vision becomes a reality. Fostering an environment focused on developing extensive project portfolios while cultivating learning and growth opportunities while developing a strong team reporting directly to the Senior Vice President. With great confidence, this growing organization has continued to demonstrate the value they add on key leading-edge projects while positively shaping our communities.
CONFIDENTIALLY SEARCHING FOR:
- A Senior Estimator or Chief Estimator that thrives in a collaborative environment while having a sound understanding of building business through positive relationships while being a leader in the tendering process, pre-construction and other client facing duties.
- Will have a minimum of 15 years of experience in Estimation with a strong focus on ICI Projects in Lump Sum, Cost+, IPD, P3 and Design/Build environments bid and execution environments.
- Individuals with experience bidding and working on construction projects through execution in the verticals of P3 or IPD would be a great asset.
- An individual that excels at generating industry presence while ensuring continuity of work.
- A professional that is excited about keeping informed about new technologies and changing industry practices to help maintain a leading presence within the construction space.
- An estimating professional experienced in liaising with other divisions and verticals both within and outside the firm, including architects, engineers, owners, contractors, subcontractors, etc.
- An estimating professional who has exposure to economic feasibility studies when related to cost estimates.
- A Senior Estimator or Chief Estimator/Estimating Manager that is looking to, or has experience in, growing and managing a team of estimators within the ICI Buildings and Civil sectors while overseeing estimating and budgeting management for a growing portfolio of work while providing clear direction and mentorship to the estimating team.
- An expert in day-to-day estimating responsibilities in a General Contracting environment including but not limited to: overseeing and reviewing take-offs, reviewing and coordinating subcontractor pre-qualifications, evaluating and presenting estimating proposals, supervise and review purchase orders and contracts, monitoring the maintenance of the database, signing off on bid proposals, etc.
- A professional and experienced Estimator that is driven to see their team and their organization thrive within a growing and demanding construction space in the Toronto market.
SALARY & COMPENSATION STRUCTURE:
Please call to inquire using the contact information below.
- As a construction or engineering professional, your career is valued at Parker Huggett. Without quality professionals like you, we cannot service our clients!
- You can take comfort in knowing that we take pride in our industry knowledge when speaking with you about relevant opportunities that you might not be aware of as over 80% of senior positions are not advertised.
- Your discussions and resume will be treated with 100% confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client without your knowledge and consent.
- We offer referral rewards to our industry contacts and candidates who refer us to qualified candidates who our clients hire through our introduction. This is a “win/win" for everyone as we value everyone’s time and efforts. Good people, know good people.
- You will be honestly informed if you’re underqualified or overqualified and we not get in the way of your search by sending you to companies that are not relevant to your experience based on their current needs.
- You will be represented to quality General Contracting or Consulting Engineering firms with good reputations and proven success providing long-term / progressive career opportunities without the whole industry knowing about it.
Part-time Administrative Assistant
Project Coordinator-High Rise Residential
Senior Project Manager- MTO- Needed ASAP
Project Manager Assistant